About "Prints for Wildlife"
Prints for Wildlife is a month-long fundraiser for African wildlife and communities that returned for a third time in summer 2022 after two editions since 2020.
- A fundraiser to support wildlife conservation and communities in Africa
- 240+ photographers, 1 cause
- Our mission this year: Support African Parks on their quest to grow to 30 parks by 2030!
Effectively managed parks serve as a nucleus for stability, in that they become safe places. Where wildlife thrive, people thrive. These well-managed parks deliver a host of ecological, socio-political and economic benefits for people living in and around these landscapes. They create jobs, provide education, and change lives.
That is why an inspired and generous group of acclaimed international and emerging wildlife photographers is coming together every year since 2020 for an extraordinary, limited-edition, print fundraiser to support local communities and wildlife in Africa.
"Prints for Wildlife is more than just a fundraiser. It’s a community of like-minded people coming together and taking action for wildlife conservation. It’s over 240 photographers who have already donated their stunning photos for the good cause. It’s thousands of people around the globe buying prints to support the conservation of some of the most important ecosystems of our planet. It’s one of the most hopeful stories in conservation - and we need you to spread this hope even further! If you are passionate for nature and wildlife then Prints for Wildlife is your chance to do good while also receiving some of the most outstanding wildlife photos from world renown photographers and upcoming talents as limited edition prints for your home or to give away as gifts."
2 million dollars raised since 2020!
Over 240 photographers from more than 30 countries including acclaimed wildlife photographers as well as local talent from Rwanda, Kenya, Botswana and South Africa have come together for this fundraiser so far. This diverse group of photographers each generously donate one limited fine art print to the fundraiser, which are on offer for 100 USD per print.
- All the funds collected via the print sale go directly to the non-profit conservation group African Parks to support their work
- 100% of the proceeds (after printing and handling) are donated
- In 2020 we raised 660,000 USD and in 2021 we raised 1,094 million USD
- The third edition is currently running and has already raised over 250,000 USD
- A total of 2 million USD has been raised since!
Quick facts about this edition
- Price per print: 100 USD (excluding shipping)
- Shipping rate: 10 USD globally
- A limited edition of 100 prints per photo is available, if they're gone they're gone and not coming back!
- Images are printed on Hahnemühle Natural Line Hemp 290 gr paper
- Print size: 30x45cm + 1cm white border (Full size of print: 32x47cm, exceptions apply on a few special format prints)
- This year we're offering unframed and framed prints for the first time!
- All prints for sale on this website are subject to copyright.
A look back at the beginning of "Prints for Wildlife"
The print fundraiser titled “Prints for Wildlife” was launched for the first time in July 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic to raise funds for African Parks to ensure protected areas continue to deliver benefits to people and wildlife during this unprecedented global crisis.
Since then a lot has changed, but the natural world still needs our support! Watch as Pie Aerts and Marion Payr, co-founders of Prints for Wildlife, tell us a little more about the campaign and what inspired them to start it.
Prints for Wildlife from African Parks on Vimeo.
For this project we partnered with Hahnemühle and chose to work with the brand-new sustainable Hahnemühle Natural Line Hemp 290 gr paper. This paper uses one of the oldest and most diverse natural fibres in the world and is made of 60% hemp fibre and 40% cotton. The lightly textured surface gives the paper a pleasant, silky feel. Combined with the matt premium inkjet coating, this is a truly versatile fine-art inkjet paper. Colours and details are brilliantly reproduced, the depth of the black truly stands out and contrasts are reproduced with stunning effect. The acid and lignin-free fine-art inkjet paper meets the most discerning requirements for age resistance. A beautiful and sustainable printing solution.
Click here to learn more!
Check out more about where your donations go to in the section "The cause".